Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One week. (Eek!)

Soon my back will look like this!

Well, that week totally flew by. Holy shit. At this time next Wednesday my surgery will be over and I'll be in my room at the hospital!

I had my pre-anesthesiology appointment and lab work done last Friday morning. It wasn't too bad. Jon went with me for moral support, which helped a lot. I had to do a lot of stuff at the hospital, but it really didn't take too long. Signed forms, anesthesiology interview, blood pressure, heart rate, EKG, chest x-ray, urinalysis, and blood work. They had to take so many vials of blood, I thought I was going to pass out. The nurse was like "This vial will be to test your clotting, this vial is to test your antibodies, this vial is to check your blood type, this vial is to check your nutrients..." and the list went on. I felt really icky afterwards, but it passed quickly. Then Jon took me out for a delicious breakfast and made everything all better!

Tomorrow morning I have to go to my GP to get a medical release for surgery I guess. And then Friday is my last day of work. We might be going down to Jon's parents on Sunday to visit, then Monday I'll have to get my stuff together for the hospital. Tuesday I have my pre-op appointment with Dr. Roh, Jon is taking Lyla to his parents house (this is the part I'm most upset about! ugh! my puppy!), and my mom is driving up to our apartment and will sleep over so she can come to the hospital with us in the morning. At the ass crack of dawn. My surgery is at 7:30 a.m. and I have to be there at 5:30. Ugh. At least I'll be sleeping most of the day so it won't really matter? Hah. Optimism. 

I'll have to remember to take some before photos, because I don't know if they're going to do that for me at Dr. Roh's office or not, and I'll definitely want to have before and afters!

Bent but not broken,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment