Monday, May 6, 2013

Nighttime, nurses, and needles


Surgery and hospital are over! My surgery went will with no complications, yay! I felt great the night of my surgery once I got into my room. I was soooo high on anesthesia and everything, I was like "Hey, this isn't so bad!" And then the next day was a brutal awakening. The nurses woke me up at like 8 a.m. for x-rays, which meant I had to get out of bed and get wheeled down to the xray department and then stand to have xrays taken. So not fun. The rest of Thursday and Friday were pretty bad too. Totally got no sleep because nurses kept coming into my room like every hour overnight to check my blood pressure, heart rate, circulation and movement in my feet and hands, give me pills, flip me over, fix my IV, blah blah blah blah blah. I got unhooked from my catheter, drains, and IV yesterday, and after I got on a good pill schedule, they let me go home.

All in all this experience so far has been really crazy. I never thought I would be in this much pain. I guess I thought modern medicine would make me feel great and I wouldn't have moments where I want to cry because it hurts so bad. But really there are moments where I want to cry because it hurts so bad...

I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm not seeing it yet. 
I still haven't seen my new x-rays either!

I feel like I'm just typing nonsense now because my meds are kicking in and they make me drowsy, so I guess I should stop. I'm sure I'll be updating frequently now that I'm home all day for a long time. So yeah. 'Til next time..

Bent but not broken, 
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment